Calvin Giordano & Associates, Inc.
Calvin Giordano & Associates, Inc has an employment opportunity for a Project Manager.
This is advanced professional and supervisory engineering work in the design and review of a wide variety of engineering projects. As a fully competent engineer in all conventional aspects of the subject matter of the functional area of the assignments, plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Devises new approaches to problems encountered. Requires sufficient professional experience to assure competence as a fully trained worker. Independently performs most assignments with instructions as to the general results expected. Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects. Plans, schedules, conducts, or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope. Seals and signs engineering plans, drawings, and documents. Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements. Evaluates performance; assigns, and schedules work; establishes project priorities; makes recommendations on the hiring, firing and promotions; provides technical support of project work and standards for subordinate personnel. Work requires a broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area and a good knowledge of and practices of related specialties.
Supervises and participates in the analysis and review of engineering studies and designs prepared by professional consultants; prepares recommendations for the consideration of professional and administrative superiors and committees.
Conducts long-range studies involving other departments, agencies, and organizations; prepares reports and recommendations; seals and signs engineering plans, drawings, and documents.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum, or field of specialization appropriate to area of assignment, plus appropriate continuing education or any equivalent combination of relevant training and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of engineering as applied to the design, construction, and maintenance of public and private projects in the area of specialization.
- Thorough knowledge of the current literature, trends and developments in the field of engineering specialization.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles of supervision, organization, and administration.
- Ability to adapt approved engineering methods and standards to the design, review, construction, and inspection of a variety of public works and environmental projects.
- Ability to plan, direct, and coordinate the work of subordinates. Ability to express ideas effectively orally and in writing.
- Licensed Professional Engineer; and/or minimum of 10 years progressive experience and required continuing education required. Technically proficient in Synchro, SimTraffic, HCS software or similar
- Must supervise or coordinate the work of engineers, drafters, technicians, and others who assist in specific assignments.