Thompson & Associates, Inc. – Fort Lauderdale office.
About Thompson & Associates, Inc.
Thompson & Associates, Inc. (T&A) was founded in 2008 and is focused on providing quality and responsive professional engineering consulting to our clients. Our president, James F. Thompson, PE, began his career in 1996 and our Vice-President, Darren Badore, in 1994, both in Broward and Miami-Dade County working on municipal and private projects ranging from small treatment plant retrofits to large neighborhood redevelopment projects. Our team of professionals enjoys working together in a collaborative work environment utilizing the latest techniques and most current design software available. The combination of experience and work environment allows the firm to assist clients in delivering successful projects throughout South Florida. T&A has offices in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and West Palm Beach, and currently employs 12 professionals in the State of Florida.
Resident Field Representative
Thompson & Associates, Inc. has an employment opportunity for a Resident Field Representative in our Fort Lauderdale office. Candidates should be able to observe, track and report on construction activities. They should also be able to work independently and as part of a team, have excellent public relations skills and a solid work ethic. The resident field representative will work as part of a team during the construction of several infrastructure improvement projects.
- Observe all constructed infrastructure improvements (water, sewer, and drainage), roadway improvements, and general site development
- Ability to prepare detailed observation reports, coordinate with contractor and regulatory agency staff, other stakeholders daily
- Conduct inspections for utility and roadway installations
- Proficiency in the use of basic Microsoft Office Software
- Familiarity with the installation of water, sewer, and drainage infrastructure
- 5 ‐ 10 years of experience in the civil engineering field
- Active Florida Driver’s License
- Dynamic and relaxed office environment
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k plan with Employer match
- 3 weeks of PTO annually, 9 paid Holidays, including a floating birthday holiday
- 40 hours per week
- Cell phone reimbursement
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org ‐ reference “Resident Field Representative” in the subject line